How to Qualify for Weight Loss Surgery
If you’ve tried to lose weight, but can’t get the pounds to come off on your own, let’s talk. You may qualify to be a candidate for bariatric surgery.
At Einstein Bariatrics, we follow the National Institutes of Health Guidelines to determine if you’re approved for weight loss surgery.
To Qualify for Bariatric Surgery at Einstein You Must:
- Be at least 100 pounds over your ideal body weight
- Suffer from weight-related impairment to your quality of life
- Have a body mass index (BMI) greater than 40
- Be well-informed about the surgical process and lifestyle change
- Be free from drug and/or alcohol abuse
- Be willing to participate in long-term follow-up care
- Be willing to take vitamins and minerals as prescribed
- Be between the ages of 18 and 74