Bariatric Support System & Groups
Considering weight loss surgery? Rest assured, we’ll be with you throughout your journey with our bariatric support system.
- Free information sessions
- Initial consultation
- Nutrition and bariatric behavioral health counseling
- Assessment by pre-anesthesia testing
- All pre-operative visits by the surgeon
- During surgery
- Inpatient stay immediately following surgery
- Any surgery-related re-admissions, emergency room visits and procedures within the first 30 days of surgery
- All surgeon office visits for two years after surgery (excludes diagnostic testing, labs or other similar services after the 30-day post-op period)
- Timely appointment access
- A dedicated team to guide you through the process
- Free valet parking
- Two locations, including Einstein Medical Center Elkins Park and Einstein Medical Center Montgomery, recently named one of the Most Beautiful Hospitals in the country
Sometimes, it’s helpful to chat with others who share in your experience and who are on their own weight loss journey. Long-term success after bariatric surgery depends on your ability to meet many challenges.
Patients who have had bariatric surgery, including gastric sleeve and gastric bypass, at Einstein are welcome to attend support group meetings.
Bariatric Nutrition Support Group Meetings
- Where: Einstein Medical Center Montgomery Modular Building Classroom
- When: The support group meets on Thursdays every other month from 6 to 7 p.m.
- Sign Up: Go to our event calendar and enter “BariatricsNutrition” to find upcoming support group meetings.
Einstein Bariatrics Online Support Group
As part of your post-op treatment, you’ll be invited to join our private online bariatric support group on Facebook, available exclusively to patients of the Einstein Bariatrics program.
We have an active online support group where patients discuss their experiences, ideas, advice, success, bariatric friendly recipes, and offer each other support.